Friday, June 18, 2010

why I should think about moving

Yesterday, I went with a friend to Shopper's Drug Mart. (one of the big drug stores in Canada) A couple weeks ago, I had closed the bank account that from the bank where we had our mortgage. I was slightly surprised that there was $300 in there. So I asked A if she would take me makeup shopping.

We spent $250. (there's still a few more things we forgot.) Unfortunately, we hadn't communicated well beforehand. She was under the impression that I would be too embarrassed to say it was for me, and I was under the impression that she would be too embarrassed. So when the beauty department ladies were helping, A asked what would work for her. She's fairer than I, with pinker skin. So they tried the foundation on her. But foundation really needs to match your skin tone. So she asked, "just for fun, what would work for him?" And then we had the right tone. (although they didn't have the right tone in powder - I'll have to get that later.)

Today A gave me a lesson. It seems tricky, but it's all practice. Right after I removed the makeup and put everything all back in the Shopper's bag, my sister walked in the door, home from work. Luckily, I thought fast and hid it with A's stuff.

There's only one bathroom here. I can't stay here for a while and then expect to instantly transition when I move out. I should really have my own place.

No comments: